Turmeric is a great spice to cook with and is known for its anti-inflammatory properties due to its main active component curcumin. Tumeric is also what makes curry yellow.
How to eat turmeric
- season soups with turmeric
- turmeric latte with coconut milk
- sprinkle on top of avocado toast
Flaxseeds are full of nutrients and omega-3 fatty acids. They also are a rich source of lignans which may reduce the risk of cancer. Packed with fiber flaxseeds may also improve cholesterol and full of high-quality protein.
How to eat flaxseeds
- add flaxseed to a smoothie
- sprinkle flaxseed on a salad